Friday, April 10, 2009

The Greatest Feeling

There are some things that I like about teaching.

I had the same group as yesterday.  They were working on factoring (trinomials).  Some of them "got it" and finished things quickly.  Some of them were still struggling with the concept.  I helped those that I could.

One girl had a question.  I helped her.  She seemed to catch on.  So, I moved on to walking the room and making sure that everyone was okay with the assignment.

A couple minutes later I passed the girl that I had helped.  She was talking to her neighbor.  She was explaining how to do the problem that I had just helped her with.  She was explaining how to do it correctly.  I walked on.

That's the greatest feeling--to know that the girl understood the concept well enough to explain it to a classmate.  That's when I know I'm doing my job right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.