Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Remove Your Hood

Today was day two of CAHSEE testing (day one was yesterday).  

Yesterday I had issues with one tester.  This boy insisted on leaving his hood on his head.  It is against dress code for students to wear the hoods from their sweatshirts on their heads when they are in class.  This is a constant battle, for the hoodies are very popular as is the hood up look.  But we keep after them anyway.

So, yesterday I had to ask this boy three times to remove his hood.  I was just about to take it up the chain of command (refer him to the assistant principal who was overseeing the testing) when the hood finally remained off.  Then today he had his hood up again.

I asked the boy to remove his hood, and he gave me attitude about it: "You're the only one who's bothering me about this."  Lovely.

I was on the other side of the room when I saw another proctor and the assistant principal both converge on the boy.  His hood was again up.  But it was off by the time the two had left him.  And the hood remained off the rest of the testing.  

I felt vindicated.  But, you know that the next time I see him, I'll have been the bad guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.