Thursday, February 12, 2009

Brief Instructions

I walked into the classroom.  It was pretty barren.  No teacher desk.  None of the teacher clutter that I'm used to seeing.  But there was a podium at the front of the room. I went up to it to find only seating charts.  

This was when I started to panic.

I took a brief look about the room.  That's when I looked at the whiteboard. Sure enough, the teacher had written the lesson plans on the whiteboard.

They were really complex.  Underneath "To the sub" they said: 
  1. Circle names of students absent on seating chart.
  2. X any problem students.
  3. Collect work each period.
The assignment was then listed on the board.  

Occasionally I get teachers who leave such a bare bones lesson plan.  It makes me wonder if they really want me to leave them a note at the end of the day.  I do anyway, but I still wonder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.