Monday, December 1, 2008

On Call

I called my sub caller today to get some assignments for the upcoming month. She gave me some bad news. There were none. I have to wait for early morning wake up calls (and you know how good I am at those).

Apparently last year at this time she had a lot of sick cough, cough teacher-needing-a-day-off-to-finish-Christmas-shopping cough, cough calls, and she didn't have the sub manpower to cover them all. So, this year she has disallowed all school business for the month of December. I can understand her reasoning. It just makes it difficult for me.

So, for the month of December I am on call. Well, I'm on call all the time, but usually the "on call" means I call ahead so that I know where I'm going and what I'm doing. But where's the fun in that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.