Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Another Search Function

Recently the DVR's software was upgraded by DirecTV. A couple new features were added. One was something that I wanted--a way to search a specific station for all of its upcoming programs. But the thing I really want? I'm still waiting.

I will probably be waiting for a while. I've been asking for this for years. I would do it myself, but I don't have the technical skills to make it happen. So, I'm stuck just whining about it. As it's been a while since I've whined about it in public, I figure that I'm due.

Have you ever been watching some show on TV only to see an actor and wonder where you've seen him/her before? And you just can't place him/her?

This happens to me all the time. First I try to remember everything I've seen lately. Usually this doesn't work, mostly because if I had just seen the actor, I would have placed him/her right away. Then I'm stuck resorting to imdb. Actually, that's not a bad method, assuming that the computer is on and I'm not busy with other things. But I have a different wish.

There has got to be a way to program the DVR or other device to do that search for me. I see an actor who I know I've seen in something before. I push a couple buttons on the remote. I get a listing of all the actors in the show. And then from there I can select the actor who I know I've seen before. Then a filmography pops up, and I'm no longer going, "What was that actor in before?"

Really, is that too much to ask?

I know, I'm living in a dream world. But I can't be the only one who wants this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.