Monday, June 16, 2008

Pleasant Surprise

"Today is a combined day."

I found these words on today's lesson plan. I couldn't believe my eyes. I rechecked, and sure enough, the date on the lesson plan was for today. What a wonderful surprise.

As a sub, many times I go into a class not knowing what to expect. I must be flexible. But today I was covering for a teacher I had subbed for many times, so I had a fair expectation of what my day would be like. I knew that the students would be mentally gone already. I knew that the lesson plans would be adequate. But I expected to be there until 3:15.

It's nice when I get one of the good surprises (I sure get enough of the other).

In case you're keeping track, there are two more days left of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.