Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mini Vacation

Yesterday I mentioned that my district is on its "dead week". So, the jobs have been fewer. I did not work today.

This is the first time in a while (I guess since spring break) that I have had two days off in one week. It's been nice. Subbing can be a grind after a while. It's easy to burn out. We see kids at their worst--usually they want to play when they see us subs coming. That gets old.

But the reason that I'm enjoying this rather than fretting is because I know that this is just one day off. I have an assignment for tomorrow and I have more assignments all next week. I've been warned that May is going to be a busy month. I'll be ready for that after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.